Hello Bloggers!
This is how my Monday started.....I had to take the old Ford Tempo to work today so JR could use the Subaru...so I went to get in the car and it was covered in bird poop! Even thinking about it makes me gag. I turned on the windshield wipers to clean off the poop and it smeared instead of cleaning. I realized it was hopless and began the long, gaging drive to the gas station where I spent the next ten minutes scrubbing the car with the little windshield scrubber and watery cleaning solution. I got to work ten minutes late of course, and my co-worker, mean Michaelina targeted me within seconds. I could feel her death rays shooting me in the back as I clocked in and turned on my computer. In order to avoid immediate death and at least make it until lunch time, I darted out of the room and down the hall to the breakroom where I knew a cold six pack of diet Dr. Pepper would be waiting for me in the fridge. My hopes were immediately shattered as I opened the fridged and realized the ENTIRE 20 oz. six pack that I had so carefully stashed in case of emergencies such as this was GONE! I moved every living and non-living item in that cold box before I shut the door and slowly walked back to my desk in disbelief. As I sat down I saw the wicked woman of medical records walking towards me in her small snippy way with a yellow post-it in her hand. I knew that written on that little yellow square was the beginning of endless torment that would be my Monday in Medical Records.
2 comments:
My husband once had an entire home-made taco salad stolen from the break room refridgerator. I had put each item for the salad in separate tupperware containers so it would be fresh for him at lunch time. Meat, cheese, chips, tomatoes, lettuce, dressing. There is no way that someone could have mistaken it for the lunch they brought in!!! So, he put a note on the fridge that said "Whoever ate the taco salad my wife made for me, you could at least return the containers." The next day they were in a grocery bag on top of the fridge. There are gremlins at every workplace!!! (Do you think it was your crazy coworker with the post it note?)
Haha Kim! You are a brilliant writer! I am laughing my bum off while reading about your Monday. All I do on a Monday morning is go to the gym. Time to get a new hobby!!
Post a Comment