Monday, June 13, 2011

New Girls

Ok so I am a little behind in posting on my blog, but after reading other blogs I think I need to be a little more consistent. So here is the update... As we anxiously awaited at the Salt Lake air port March 12, two little girls arrived from Tennessee to become part of our family forever. I know the girls weren't exactly what I expected and apparently I wasn't what they expected either.
Indi was a blond haired, green eye, little ball of energy. And Sara was a very shy, tall, skinny two year old. They clung to their uncle with uncertainty and we walked to the van to make the drive to their new home. Indi commented that she thought I would be skinny like her other mom. Sara stayed quiet with her eyes wide in tense observation. The boys tried hard to be on their best behavior, which lasted about a day.
Since that first day of anxious energy, things have become more relaxed and familiar to everyone. There are tantrums and fighting with a mixture of hugs and kisses from everyone. The love for the girls didn't come instantly, it grew slowly and has blossomed into a very protective and sincere kind of love. I look forward to the day the adoption is final and we can be sealed to them for eternity.
Needless to say the past couple of months have been busy and time to do hobbies has become almost extinct. Now my time is up, JR is home and the kids are hungry.

No comments: